How to install AEGIS Rings with Conductive Epoxy – Only 4 minutes long!
This video shows everything you need to install AEGIS Shaft Grounding Rings with conductive epoxy.
- List of tools and supplied needed
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Where to install – DE (all motors) and NDE (TEFC motors)
- Removing the paint from the motors end bracket
- Clean the motor’s shaft to bare metal where the AEGIS Ring fibers touch.
- Apply AEGIS Colloidal Silver Shaft Coating (CS015) to the motor’s shaft.
- Use only AEGIS Conductive Epoxy – (EP2400) – Tested and proven
- Mix even amounts of the EP2400 thoroughly – MIX WELL
- Apply the mixed epoxy to the metal back of the AEGIS Ring
- Install the AEGIS Ring to the motor’s end bracket – metal to metal contact!
- Make sure the AEGIS ring is centered around the shaft – look for even gap all around the ring near the shaft.
- Use Heat gun to cure the EP2400 conductive epoxy – approximately 5 minutes – cures in about 30 minutes!
Remove paint for a clean metal surface
AEGIS CS015 and AEGIS EP2400
Clean the shaft and apply CS015
Quickly dry the CS015 with a heatgun
AEGIS Conductive Epoxy
AEGIS Ring installed with Conductive Epoxy (EP2400)